1. Letters 1-2. Letter One deals with Halacha that strengthens Emuna. The importance of Davening. Letter Two (written after the Alter Rebbe’s release from prison) deals with being humble in the face of such divine grace.
2. Letters 3-5 Letter 3 deals with Tzedaka as a shield of armor and helmet of steel. Letter four deals with Tzedaka. Inner and outer heart, Redemption. Letter five deals with Yud (spirit) creating higher worlds and Hey (material) creating this world. This explains why Torah isn’t sufficient. There must also be action- Tzedaka.
3. letters 6-8. Letter 6 deals with 2 levels in rachamim (compassion). Letter 7 deals with the idea that each Yid has a ”Chelek” (portion in Yiddishkeit that is devided into 613 (limbs). Letter 8 deals with the idea that the creative power of (that is) Ein Sof is in the (lowest Level) the earth....
Letters 9-11 Letter 9 deals with being consistent in our physical and spiritual (faith) lives. Letter 10 deals with constrained (Tzadik’s) vs. unlimited (Baal Teshuva’s) YIDDISHKEIT. Letter 11 deals with TRUE TRUST in Hashem. ”No evil can descend from Heaven”.
5. Letters 12-14. Letters 12 and 13 deal with concepts of (spiritual UNITY and) peace. TZEDAKA affects this peace. Letter 14 deals with the concept of time. 1. It’s a creation 2. has units. 3. Including the cycle of a year (renewed each Rosh Hashana). This is especially relevant in the Holy Land and Tzedaka...
The audio of this class was split into two parts. 6a. Letters 15-16 introduction. 6b. Letters 15-16. Letter 15 is a classic commentary explaining the SEFIROS using kochos hanefesh (faculties of the human being) as the analogy. There is an important introduction about how far apart the mashal is from the nimshal. Letter 16 deals...
7. Letters 17-19. Letter 17 deals with Tzedaka and its rewards now and (the principal remains) in Olom Habba. Letter 18 deals with different levels of LOVE for Hashem. Letter 19 deals with the difference between actual prophets and spiritual seers (like RASH”BI). Letter 19b discusses 3 levels in letters of thought.
The audio of this class was split into two parts. Introduction to Letter 20 . Actual content of Letter 20. Letter 20 is the classic discussion of the Alter Rebbe explaining that ”Yesh Meayin” (ex nihilo) comes directly from His very essence. There are two parts: 1. The power of the Ein Sof is in...
Letters 21-24. Letter 21 deals with ZERIZUS (alacrity) in Yiddishkeit (which we can learn from Avrohom Avinu), and its lesson in giving Tzedaka often (even if in smaller increments). Letter 22a deals with the idea that only an actual Navi can help people with their material needs, while a Chochom (Rabbi) can only help them...
Letter 25. Letter twenty five gives an approach to managing anger based on the deepest concept of the unity of G-D (with His world).
11. Letter 26. Letter 26 deals with the idea of “Pnimiyus HaTorah” being from “Eitz HaChayim” that is higher than “Eitz HaDaas”. It is beyond birurim. Included in this letter is the idea of the need to learn Pnimiyus HaTorah as a taste of the teachings of Moshiach.
12. Letter 27-28. Letter 27 and 28 both deal with the issue of histalkus (passing) of a Tzadik. The difference is that Letter 27 deals with the histalkus of a Rebbe (Neshama Klalis) while 28 deals with the histalkus of a Tzadik. The contents of the respective letters reflect this. Letter 27 was written to...
13. Letter 29-30. Letter 29 explains the concept of halachos; why they are considered the crown of Torah. He explains that Mitzvos are Ratzon (from Sovev) and can therefore be a vessel to hold the Ein Sof Taanug (delight which is the highest idea of Sovev).
14. Letter 31-32. 1.Kunteres Acharon 1-3. Letter 31 deals with the concept of illness mystically and explains the notion of ailment “on high”. Letter 32 deals with tzedaka. The masculine and feminine levels of giving. K. Acharon 1-3 are notes on Tanya (section 1) chapter 40. They address the importance of doing physical acts of...