Complete Ma'amarim- S'firas HaOmer
וספרתם לכם התשי"א.
This class begins with the three opinions whether ספירת העומר nowadays is מדאורייתא or מדרבנן.
The רבינו ירוחם distinguishes between the count of days which he considers Biblical and the count of weeks which he considers Rabbinic.
The class explores how this could be by explaining that ספירת העומר us about the בירור of the נפש הבהמיתת, which has three levels:
1) בירור המוחין which is accomplished in one day with קרבן עןמרץ
2) בירור המדות, correcting the motions themselves, which is done through מימני שבועי- counting weeks (seven times).
3) בירור פרטי המדות which means the בירור of the actions that come from the מדות and there forty nine of those. This is accomplished through the counting of days during the forty nine days of ספירה.
This is why only counting days is מדאורייתא because this the only עבודה we can realistically do nowadays.
This class is the beginning and the end pf the מאמר.
Why ספירה is counted from the day after the first day Pesach, though it says ממחרת השבת.
1) Yetzias Mitzrayim, 2) Sefiars HaOmer and 3) Mattan Torah are compared to
1) Sur MeRa, 2) Asei Tov, 3) Bakeish Shalom.
1) The connection between Shabbos and Sefiras HaOmer is understandable in this Ma'amar which makes Sefira into a positive thing: revealing Godliness into the World, Shabbos.
2) Yidden are needed to add peace to the world through Torah, and this is (part of what) happened when Hashem, gave us the Torah, He chose us a s His nation.
Us'Fartem 5745 (Erev Shavuos)
This Erev Shavuos Ma'amar talks about the three steps of 1) Yetzias Mitzrayim, 2) Sefiras HaOmer, 3) Mattan Torah, and argues that in each of these three there was a Koach elyon that allowed for this event to happen 1) Nigla Alaihem... 2) MiMuchras HaShabbos, the higher than hishtalshelus Koach for Sfira, 3) the 'Tmimos' which came from sfiars HaOmer.
It asks and answers four questions 1) why Mimacharas HaShabos and not Macharas HaPesach, 2) What does Tmimos mean, 3) the expression 'Usfartem' deserves our attention, 4) What is the 'Lachem'
...and answers them