The Baal Shem Tov.
Born 18 Elul 5458/1698, Passed away 6 SIVAN 5520/1760.
The Baal Shem Tov. His life and legacy. (5772/2011)
This is a new series that will IY"H review all of the details known about the Rabbeiim given at Chovevei Torah.
Neshama of the Baal Shem Tov, Eliyahu Hanavi tests his father, birth and early years. His father's will and death. The lonely years, He meets and joins up with the hidden Tzadikim.
The Great plan to reverse the ills affected by Chmelenicii's pogroms: 1) Help with Parnassa (livelihood), 2) Help with Melamdim (tutors), 3) Raise the people's spirits.
1) His Hidden years, 2) His Marriage, 3) His Children.
The Baal Shem tov's meeting his master Achiya HaShiloni, they learn for exactly ten years and the Baal Shem Tov is then forced to reveal himself.
The history of Kabbala, Moshe, the Neviim, Anshei Kneses Hagedola('s shift to a center of Halacha and Nigla), RaShBi, the later trickle of Kabbala, Rediscovery of the Zohar, the arguments over her authenticity, The three giants: 1) Rav Meir ben Gabbai, Rav Moshe Cordoviru (the "RAMAK"), Arizal
1) The three great codifiers of kabbala: Reb Meir ben Gabbai (Avodas Hakodesh), The Ramak (Pardes Rimonim and more), and The Arizal (Eitz Chayim, Shmone' Sheurim etc.).
The use of Kabala Maasis.
2) The story of Reb Yosef Yuzfa, and the birth of his son Reb Eliyahu Baal Shem. The three later baalei sheim culminating with reb Yisroael Baal Shem Tov.
The philosophy of Chassidus (1).
1) Elokus is everything and everything is Elokus, 2) Emunas Tzadikim. Then two philosophies to this: Chabad and Chagas.
The philosophy of Chassidus (2).
Rachamana Liba Baii.The sincerity that the Baal Shem Tov celebrated above all else. Anashim Pshutim.
The philosophy of Chassidus (3).
1) Simcha, 2) Azov Taazov Imo. Looking after your physical health, 3) The preciousness of the Yiddisher Neshama.
The philosophy of Chassidus (4).
Chassidus' view of the creation (world): 1) Hashem creates the world ex nihilo every instant, [and is not only creating Yesh MiYesh] and, 2) there therefore is Hashgacha Protis, and that 3) Every detail in the creation and its' Hashgacha touches the central purpose of the entire creation.
The philosophy of Chassidus (5).
How special is a Jew. Some stories.
The philosophy of Chassidus (6).
Torah and Tefilla as they are enlightened and inspired by Chassidus and the Baal Shem Tov's derech.
The philosophy of Chassidus (7).
Two points: 1) Mitzvos according to Chassidus, 2) Simcha as a yesod in Chassidus.
1) The Baal Shem Tov reveals himself in spite of his objections, 2) The Toldos Yaakov Yosef, 3) The holy Magid
Lecture Fifteen (Missing).
1) Misnagdim to the Baal Shem Tov (The Noda BiYehuda and the Vilner Gaon),
2) The Orach Chayim HaKadosh and the Baal Shem Tov.,
3) The letter about aliyas haNeshama and Yafutzu Maayanosecha chutza.
1) Tha Baals Shem Tov and Eretz Yisroel; 2) His Travels 3) and meeting all types of Yidden; 4) Stories.
The Baal Shem Tov's histalkus, his son's succession, the weakening of Chassidus, the first Yahrtzeit the leadership, passes to the holy maggid, and he reverses the weakening trend.
Early Life of the Baal Shem Tov (short classes).
5770 marked 250 years since his passing.
In the spirit of the Rebbe commemorating his 200th Yahrtzeit we honored his 250th. Studying from the Tzava'as HaRiVaSh During the weeks leading up to Shavuos.